Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Just one more week, a note about Show and Tell...

Hey all!

I am sitting here thinking about our first meeting (October 13, 6:30 BTW!). Mostly I have been thinking about what quilts I want to bring for show and tell. I think that besides meeting all of you, I am most excited about "meeting" your quilts and projects. I know that many times I get VERY near-sighted about my projects... it is just me and them in my sewing room, staring at each other. Sure, I show them to my kids and my husband and they give me the appropriate amount of "Ohhs and Aahs" but they just don't have the quilt-lust/fabric-lust coursing through their veins that other quilters have. I get a lot of "That is really cute..." Arghhhh! Lately, I have been finishing up a lot of old projects, so I have a lot of things DONE, but my design wall was hanging empty yesterday and it kind of gave me the creeps. I need a new project that I am jazzed about, I need some INSPIRATION. I have been buying WAY too much fabric lately and cutting in to it WAY to little... (enough about my creativity issues already!)


I am looking forward to see what you all are working on, or have finished. I love hearing about why people have made something, or what they have learned about themselves and about quilting along the way. I am just going to keep popping in on the flickr site to see what you all are up to, it will have to do until next Wednesday.


See you soon!


Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment