Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Prodding you ever forward, this time with a carrot!

Hi-- Guildies... Quilters... Friends... (I feel like we need a funny club name)
Isn't this a pretty little book? It came to my house just a few days ago. I was so excited when Lark Crafts offered to donate a book to our guild-- Really Really excited when I saw who the author is, Cathy Gaubert. I started following her flickr stream AGES ago, because she just makes very cute and pretty things and I LOVE LOVE LOVE cute and pretty things. This book does not disappoint in the cute and pretty department.

Cathy made quite a few of these wonderful little quilts, but she also asked a bunch of her flickr/bloggy quilting friends to make some too. What you get when they all come together is a beautiful book full of ideas and styles that everyone can relate to. Even if you are pattern adverse (like me!) the photographs are so inspirational that it will just make you want to pull fabrics from your stash and get started on a doll quilt for yourself. (maybe as a gift, but I am GREEDY!) I liked that all sorts of techniques were explored set-in seams, applique, "ticker tape"-- really a great starting point for little projects to explore a method.

One of the perks of being the President is that I get to see all the pretty things that companies donate to us first, then I get to figure out a way to give them out to you.... hmmm
While I think, look at these 2 BEAUTIFUL quilts.... from lucyellen06, and Red Pepper Quilts
Ok, I guess the right thing to do would be to draw a name out of a hat (and not keep it for myself!) but I am going to push you all a little bit. I would love for our guild to get more savvy online. I would love for you all to check out the flickrstream and see some of the lovely comments that your show and tell quilts receive... I am telling you, it is quite an ego boost. So here is what we are going to do:

I will bring a hat to the guild meeting December 21---- you put your name in the hat---- Ahhhhhh, you say?? You are not going to be able to attend? That is alright, I have thought of another way to enter. You comment on this post. Easy? Yes, if you are afraid, or you have never commented before--- that is OK. You can do it, you can learn something new today and maybe even win a fantastic book.

There you have it-- 2 ways to win. That is what I am about WINNING!! (and involving you in my online wonderland)

--Jessica

5 comments:

  1. This book looks fantastic! Especially the chair and flying geese doll quilt <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jessica. Thanks for pulling me in to writing a comment...first time for everything I guess! I really like the Jacobs Ladder quilt very cute. Looks like it is a good book, can't wait to see more pictures! : ) Missy

    ReplyDelete
  3. yup, I'd love the chance to flip through it. Last month's meeting inspired me... Now I just need to get to work!!! Oh, the holidays.... -Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh
    It would make my day to make a doll quilt from this BOOK!

    ReplyDelete