Hi Busy Bees,
Here are the 2012 Bee Basics. All (i hope all) the information you will need to know to join and enjoy our 2012 EMQBee. I apologize for the buzzi-ness of this email, but it is a necessary evil to get this party started on the right foot.
About Me: I'm Kesch and I will be coordinating this years bee. So if you have any information, questions, comments, or general bee business please feel free to direct them to me. You can reach me either through commenting on any of our posts or emailing me directly.
2012 Schedule: (FIRST DRAFT, WILL BE UPDATED TO ADD OR CHANGE)
JANUARY - KESCH A
**FEBRUARY - open
MARCH - JESSICA B
APRIL - DENISE W
MAY - KIM O
JUNE - LILLIAN S
**JULY - open
AUGUST - JENNIFER F-G
**SEPTEMBER - open
OCTOBER - PHYLISS P
NOVEMBER - open
As you can see there are a couple spots still open. A few people have expressed interest but have not officially signed up for a month. You will need to do that in the January meeting. After I have all the sign ups then I will be sending out a group email.
The BEE-siness: Here are a few commonly practiced rules of Bee Etiquette, if you will, to save frustration and disappointment down the road. This Bee is open to all skill levels. Keep this in mind when you choose your pattern. This Bee is a year long commitment. Please join this bee with the mindset that it is both about giving and getting. Not everyone has the same amount of time to invest in a hobby so consider amount of work your block will take so everyone can meet the deadline. Which is the next item of business, please meet the deadlines. That said, of course we call have lives and can not anticipate life crisis. That is where I can help coordinate with the bee. There are a few options for these times: a) make a deal with the Bee-er to extend the deadline shortly, b) agree to have another bee-er finish the block for you, or c) return the fabric packet to the bee-er so she can finish the project.
WHEN IT IS YOUR TURN TO BEE:
1. Bee Inspired
Pick a block, gather your fabrics, supplies, and pattern.
2. Create 12 packets including:
(As we currently have a few spots open you may be making fewer packets, or we may agree as a group to do more blocks to help return a finished project. We will have to discuss this topic further.)
an adequate supply of fabric and materials needed to make the block
include instructions (particularly for non-blog members)
3. Blog about it
Create a Blog entry for our EMQBee page. The blog entry can include instructions and inspirations. Tell a little story about why you chose this block, or history of the fabric, or anything you would like to say about your project. Give added information about your packet and your desired results.
*Specify what you want done with the scraps (ie keep them or return them to bee-er)
*Specify whether the quilter can use from their own stash, or ONLY the fabrics given, or a certain colorway, or a certain designer etc
4. Bring Packets to Meeting to hand out to your Fellow Bee-ers. Hand out your fabric packets in the month you are assigned and receive your finished blocks back in the following meeting.
HOW TO BEE IN OTHER MONTHS:
What is required of you when its not your month.
1. Each month you will receive a fabric packet from that months assigned Bee. Instructions should be included, however, you may find it easier to follow the blog instructions.
2. Go to the Blog for further inspiration and instruction.
3. Complete the Block - keeping in mind supplies and deadlines complete the block for the month. Feel free to use the bee posts for any discussion, comments, or questions you have regarding that months bee block. We will also be able to contact one another via email.
4. Return the block to the meeting the next month and pick up the next packet!
OK, enough said here, lets get on with the FUN PART. I'll post my block and instructions shortly!
Buzz Buzz, Kesch