Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Quilt Shows and the like... Sisters, Coburg, Lane Co. Fair

Hi-ho!  Well when summer starts around here, IT REALLY STARTS!  I don't know about you, but I am knee deep in quilt projects, design projects, and quilt projects to be and it has been HOT HOT HOT.   I want to give a shout out to the Sisters Quilt Show, happening EVERY second Saturday in July--- Which is THIS Saturday the 14th!
My personal plans are up in the air-- I am flying solo with the baby birds this week BUT, PMQG and the COMQG are having a meet up from 12-1 and 4-5 in near the PMQG display area.  I am busting my hump to farm my kiddos out so that I can make the afternoon meet.  If you have never been to the Sisters show, you should go-- there are a lot of quilts and your brain with go in to a quilt mania stupor. Try and stay cool and have fun, send me your pics and we can post them here.
Coburg Quilt Show-- Let's share our work!!  Coburg is a fun outdoor show July 28th, 9-4.  Some numbers: Enter by July 12 to get your quilt's story in to the program.  Entry fees are $5 for the first quilt and $2 for was additional one.  You can sell your quilt too!  The show asks a 25% commission fee, so price accordingly.  They are also looking for volunteers they have spots Sun. July 22- Mon. July 23, Fri. July 27-Sun. July 29.  The info is on the website. If you want to plug the EMQG in your quilt's story, that is always nice.

I noticed that the Coburg show falls on our sew day-- is anyone into meeting for breakfast and going to the show? Instead of sewing?  I am! Post a comment or email me.

Lane Co. Fair- August 15-19.  Entries must be received by July 20th.  It would be fun to see a bunch of our quilts hung at the fair and getting a ribbon is so fun, no matter what age you are! :)
I had spoke to a few of you about having a EMQG show this fall, maybe in September.  After looking at what is going on in my family this fall, I am going to suggest that we push back our show until February?  I just don't think that I can devote the time that is needed to doing it right, right now.

Additionally, our stay at EWEB is up for this year in September and we need to find a new space to meet until we can re-sign up with EWEB in November.  I am seeking new spaces that are no cost (there has gotta be something out there for a fun group of community minded adults), and I would love all of you to ask around-- see what might be available.  No suggestion is a bad one. My dream would be to revert back to meeting on the 2nd Wednesday of the month-- it just seems like a better spacing with the sew day.

What about a desert potluck for the meeting in September at a park?  We can have a show and tell, and talk our families into coming and experiencing all the fun we get to have each month? We will talk about these and many things next week -- Anybody seen the notes from last month?

--Jessica



5 comments:

  1. Count me in for Coburg show! Breakfast and a day of quilts sounds like fun times. I am out for Sisters unfortunately. I do plan to enter into Lane County, probably my bee quilt from last year with all the stars and log cabins so a plug for EMQG!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since the EVQ show is Sept. 29-30 I agree that a EMQG show would be better in February.(Weather may be iffy though...) It would be nice to change the meetings to the second Wed. as you suggested. So, EWEB is not available on that particular Wed.? Discussion next week then...

    ReplyDelete
  3. count me in for breakfast. Sisters is out for me as I am dog setting

    Nelda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sisters was great! The thunder, lightening storm took center stage about 2:30. Lots of rain so quilts came quickly down. Still...well worth the drive! Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would love to see all you ladies for breakfast and the Coburg Quilt show. I like the idea of a show in February, something fun and colorful in the midst of grey and wet... WOW, a rain storm dared to come down on the Sister's Quilt show? I didn't think Ms. Wells would allow that. LOL. Kim

    ReplyDelete