Eugene Modern Quilt Guild Meeting Notes [Jan.13, 2016]
· The meeting was called to order by Kelly Duke who emphasized the aims for 2016; communication and socialization. To illustrate those aims, Daisy Schrock led us in a rousing name game complete with gestures.
· Bonnie Glass announced the requirements and needs for Euphoria Chocolates' spot in the 2/5 Art Walk. She is looking for four or five Modern Quilts of various sizes to be displayed in a window and possible a table and for the quilters to be present for explanations as the last spot on the tour.
· Next Wed. Sew Night will concentrate on the Bags of Love Butterfly quilts for charity.
· The Pioneer Museum Quilt show will be held in April. Jenny Bonynge will bring entry forms to the Feb. meeting.
· Nela Barrow and Kim Olsen presented the EMQG Skill Building BOM: Half Square Triangles (HSTs) and Quarter Square Triangles (QSTs) complete with samples, handouts, diagrams and tutorial websites. This block will be used in a guild donation quilt. If you would like to participate, bring a block to Feb. meeting.
· The Swap for Feb. meeting is a pillow, no larger than 12”.
· Permission 2 Play for Feb. is “Variation”
· Show and Tell Participants:
o Pat Johnston & Jayne Scoggin displayed “Lily’s Quilt”
o Linda Delaplain showed both a quilt and a table runner.
o Jackie Gates shared a wall hanging “Blocking About Town”
o Carol Prud’homme shared a wall hanging of her own design with a request for help
o Shawna Haynes chose to show her “Firefly Quilt”
o Phyliss Porter shared a wall hanging of a large block and panels
o Daisy Schrock displayed a large wall hanging titled “O Birther” complete with embroidered hieroglyphics.
o Denise Nash titled her wall hanging “Korbin in Plaid”
· Pat Johnston announced that she is working on a possible four-day/3-night quilting Get-A-Way in October at the Big K Guest Ranch in Elkton, OR. She would like to know if you might be interested. This event might be made available to members of the Corvallis Modern Quilt Guild.
More information will be forthcoming as interest is expressed.
Posted by Malika